Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Another Harbor Freight Coupon 20% off any item 5/22-5/25

"Bob F" wrote in
:

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 05/22/09 11:08 pm Red Green wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...n.do?week=2109
&campaign=RetailC&page=2109_retailC.html&r=4800_42 005&cust=7808026202
5&keycode=0000

I am wondering how it is that so many people are apparently able to
use the same coupon -- at least were able to use last week's coupon,
it appears. The part of the bar-coded number between the dash and the
"0000" corresponds to the customer ID that appears as part of the
URL. Surely this should be unique, and the wording on the coupon says
it is non-transferable and "may not be duplicated in any manner
including photocopies and computer printouts."

Is HFT's POS system incapable of determining that a coupon with a
specific customer ID has been used more than once?

Yes, I can change the number in the URL and generate a coupon with a
different bar code, but there's no guarantee that somebody hasn't
already used a coupon with that new customer ID. It's also possible
that only certain numbers are valid.

It's also possible they don't care. They just want to get people into
the store, where they will buy more than they planned, just like I did
on the last one.

I too doubt they care. Those come to my email since I signed up using my
"junk" email account. If you sign up to receive their emails you'll get
all the flyers and additional non-snail mailed things like the 20%
coupons.

I just thought I'd post only a couple for now so sign up if you're
interested in getting them in the future.