Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another Harbor Freight Coupon 20% off any item 5/22-5/25

http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...key code=0000
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/09 11:08 pm Red Green wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...key code=0000

I am wondering how it is that so many people are apparently able to use
the same coupon -- at least were able to use last week's coupon, it
appears. The part of the bar-coded number between the dash and the
"0000" corresponds to the customer ID that appears as part of the URL.
Surely this should be unique, and the wording on the coupon says it is
non-transferable and "may not be duplicated in any manner including
photocopies and computer printouts."

Is HFT's POS system incapable of determining that a coupon with a
specific customer ID has been used more than once?

Yes, I can change the number in the URL and generate a coupon with a
different bar code, but there's no guarantee that somebody hasn't
already used a coupon with that new customer ID. It's also possible that
only certain numbers are valid.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
[...]

It's also possible they don't care. They just want to get people into the store,
where they will buy more than they planned, just like I did on the last one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 May 2009 22:58:47 -0500, k wrote:

-snip-
****ing Spammer

*** PLONK ***

****ing idiot.

***PLONK***

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...n.do?week=2109....

[...]

where they will buy more than they planned, just like I did on the last one.- Hide quoted text -

Coupons draw people in and get them to spend spend spend.

They dont care, since its a discount at the time of sale

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in
:

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 05/22/09 11:08 pm Red Green wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...n.do?week=2109
&campaign=RetailC&page=2109_retailC.html&r=4800_42 005&cust=7808026202
5&keycode=0000

[...]

I too doubt they care. Those come to my email since I signed up using my
"junk" email account. If you sign up to receive their emails you'll get
all the flyers and additional non-snail mailed things like the 20%
coupons.

I just thought I'd post only a couple for now so sign up if you're
interested in getting them in the future.
Posted to alt.home.repair

k wrote in :

On Fri, 22 May 2009 22:08:40 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com

- or -

http://www.harborfre

****ing Spammer

*** PLONK ***

Here's my business card for the family business.

http://tinypic.com/r/312d1r9/5
Posted to alt.home.repair

k wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2009 22:08:40 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com

- or -

http://www.harborfre

****ing Spammer

*** PLONK ***

Funny. This is the second time the "plonk" guy has plonked him. It might be more
believeable if he used his real address when he "plonks". And if he really did
it. What an idiot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:

It's also possible they don't care. They just want to get people into
the store, where they will buy more than they planned, just like I
did on the last one.

Yup, I've had HF staff offer to honor expired coupons just to make a sale,
what they want is money in the register.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...key code=0000

Seems to be some confusion. The banner headline says:

"Coupon valid 5/22/09 thru 5/25/09"

The coupon itself says:

"Offer valid 6/11/09 thru 6/17/09"

According to my calendar, nothing of note is celebrated 6/11 thru 6/17.
Father's Day is 6/21.

I'm off to have a lie-down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in
:

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com

- or -

http://www.harborfre

****ing Spammer

*** PLONK ***

Funny. This is the second time the "plonk" guy has plonked him. It
might be more believeable if he used his real address when he
"plonks". And if he really did it. What an idiot.

I must be missing something right in front of my eyes. Everything I'm
seeing shows May.

Here's a capture of what I'm actually seeing.

http://tinypic.com/r/m75153/5
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 11:08*pm, Red Green wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...n.do?week=2109....

Thanks. I was looking for one..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

I must be missing something right in front of my eyes. Everything I'm
seeing shows May.

Here's a capture of what I'm actually seeing.

http://tinypic.com/r/m75153/5

Click he

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...key code=0000

Doesn't make any difference, though. I took the coupon to HF on Saturday,
showed and them the full-page print.

Muttering something about 'dope-smoking hippies in the IT department...' the
manager entered the coupon and the local computer accepted it.