nightjar

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message

I don't know how many bits you're talking about, but consider supplying
him with a simple look-up table rather than trying to teach him the
system.

--
Mike Barnes

As I say Mike, I've given him tables to take home and work out how to make
the switch number 100 say, and he still gets it wrong most of the time.

I think that what Mike is suggesting is a table with numbers 1 to 128
(assuming 8 switches) and a picture or diagram of the DIP switches in the
correct places for each number. It might take a bit of work to create it,
but, once done, you wouldn't need to teach anybody binary for them to be
able to set the switches properly.

Colin Bignell