Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
scritch scritch is offline

Default new use

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:32:45 -0500, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I've got a '78 Yamaha street thumper and after some mods needed to richen
the mixture. One of the things that needed to be changed was to
take .05" off the bottom of the carb slide.

Nova chuck, spigot jaws (inside grip) and a couple of files - 10 minutes
from start to finish. Never thought my wood lathe would come in handy
for motorcycle repair :-).

Reminds me of the time that we used my Shopsmith to drill out a broken bolt on
my neighbor's Harley frame..
Sure wish I'd taken pictures of that one..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Just got a Triumph Sprint ST, '02. No bags yet, but I need some. To
keep the bags off the exhaust and out of the spokes, I am thinking of
making a wooden frame.

Am I nuts?

scritch