Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Another Harbor Freight Coupon 20% off any item 5/22-5/25

On May 23, 12:00�am, "Bob F" wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 05/22/09 11:08 pm Red Green wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/pd3vyf

- or -

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...n.do?week=2109....

I am wondering how it is that so many people are apparently able to
use the same coupon -- at least were able to use last week's coupon,
it appears. The part of the bar-coded number between the dash and the
"0000" corresponds to the customer ID that appears as part of the URL.
Surely this should be unique, and the wording on the coupon says it is
non-transferable and "may not be duplicated in any manner including
photocopies and computer printouts."

Is HFT's POS system incapable of determining that a coupon with a
specific customer ID has been used more than once?

Yes, I can change the number in the URL and generate a coupon with a
different bar code, but there's no guarantee that somebody hasn't
already used a coupon with that new customer ID. It's also possible
that only certain numbers are valid.

It's also possible they don't care. They just want to get people into the store,
where they will buy more than they planned, just like I did on the last one.- Hide quoted text -

Coupons draw people in and get them to spend spend spend.

They dont care, since its a discount at the time of sale