Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Buying advice for Washer and Dryer (for clothes).

If your seeing this topic more than once a week...... then perhaps you need
to update/refresh your headers or maybe see an eye doctor.

Cheers,
Jim-

No he is seeing the endless what do I do my pricey front load has XXX
problem and the repair guy wants so much to fix I night as well buy a
new one. parts cost a fortune

my dad bought a LG over a year ago and is happy, but thats not very
long into the washers lifespan.

Look at a top loaders utility use, front loaders are less, but top
loaders arent killers cost wise to begin with,

so the water sewer energy saved over the lifespan of the unit probably
doesnt equal the higher upfront costs......

are the FEDS gving a energy tax credit? that could change the mix, by
30% of the purchase price.

one must avoid going green and wasting bucks..........

like saying I just cut electric bills to zero, my new solar install
looks wonderful.
so how much did the solar panel system cost?

oh only 3/4 of a million bucks but were selling power back to the
grid last month 30 bucks.

what were your electric bills pre solar? 120 bucks a month.

well thats great at 150 bucks a month savings to save any money will
be how many years?????

even with tax credits the payback will probably be after you and your
children are long dead of old age