Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Buying advice for Washer and Dryer (for clothes).

Jim wrote:
I'm looking to buy a new Washer and Dryer. Any brands that you would
recommend? Any brands that I should stay away from? I want a traditional
style Top Loading Washer with the agitator.

I was set on getting a Front Loading Washer, but everyone I know who owns
ones regrets it. Maybe they picked a bad model? Any comments about front
loaders?

Thanks for your time,
Jim

We just replaced our old Maytag - it didn't die. It wouldn't die. At
the end of a cycle, it just kept going to the next cycle, non-stop )

Got a Kenmore 500. Basic. It has one irritating feature, which is it
tries to decide how hot the washwater should be. When set on "hot"
water, it fills with a rapidly interrupted hot water gush - almost like
someone operating a hose spray on and off very quickly. The sound is
irritating. The old repair guy said that is to keep from "washing in
160 degree water". Trouble is, we don't keep our hot water very not,
not anywhere near 120, and can almost shower in hot water alone.

My daughter has an LP front loader and loves it. Does a ton of blue
jeans in one load and so quiet you can barely hear it when in the same
room. The panel reminds me of the dash on an '85 Mazda. Silver. Way
cool. )