BigWallop

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:12:54 UTC, "BigWallop"
wrote:

I am trying to teach a young lad how to set up binary addressable fire

alarm
systems and no matter how I explain it, or how much I write it down or

draw
it for him, he just can't seem to grasp the concept. Now I know it is

the
way I'm trying teach him and not the way he learns (?) so I'm looking

for
any suggestions on ways to get this principle over to him.

If there are N switches, make 2^N pictures of the actual switch block.
Draw in the switches that are ON or OFF in each picture. Write a number
beside each picture.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Now that's a good point Bob. But I'm now wondering how many pages of
drawings I'll have to make up if the system goes to the full ten switches.
:-))

9,999 detectors on one system is highly unlikely though, so I might give him
a try on this.

Thank you.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com