Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,sci.engr.civil
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Building steps

On May 21, 4:52*pm, Pat wrote:

If rebar is supposed to be encased inside of the concrete and not
exposed to the elements. *Isn't all rebar more or less exposed to the
SAME conditions (ie being embedded in concrete)? *Wouldn't almost
anything that would bother the rebar also bother the concrete?
Wouldn't a better solution be to protect the concrete?

The main culprits in attacking the rebar, salt and water, don't have
nearly as much effect on concrete. Protecting the concrete would
require protecting large areas, and periodic reapplication of whatever
it was you were using to protect it. The epoxy coated rebar has a
much smaller area (in general) and it's a one shot deal.

Your bones are encased in meat, but you can still break your bones
even through the meat. That's why Wolverine has an admantium skeleton
- I'm amazed I have to tell you this!!!!