Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] is offline

Default Soaker hoses?

On 05/20/09 08:20 pm I wrote:

Any recommendations for a soaker hose? Last year we bought a
sprinkler/soaker hose -- don't recall the brand -- at Lowe's. but toward
the end of the season it was spurting water from a split in the side
near the feed end. This year I cut off the part with the split and
attached a new connector. No there is a new split from which water gushes.

Are soaker hoses fundamentally unsatisfactory, or are there some durable
ones around?

Menard's has soaker/sprinkler hoses that are indistinguishable from the
one that I found unsatisfactory. I bought one of their soaker (only --
porous but without the small squirt-holes) hoses and daisy-chained the
repaired soaker/sprinkler hose to it. So far no problem.

Perce