Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Adapting a potentiometer shaft

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Vasil wrote:

I want to change the pot on my amplifier with one from Alps.

Why ?

**If the pot on the OP's amplifier is a standard carbon type, the Alps 'Blue
Velvet' is likely to make a small, but significant, improvement. The lower
noise and laser trimmed matching improves on cheap pots significantly.

Depends which Alps model you choose. Just saying "Alps" is no guarantee of a
superlative part. Some of them are IMHO WORSE than Taiwan Alpha who 'second
source' most of the popular Alps parts at a lower price. We had negligible
problems EVER with Taiwan Alpha.

Now, if you want laser trimmed conductive plastic, that's another matter.

Can you email me please?

Willco.

Graham