Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default Square Mahogany Bowl

On Fri, 15 May 2009 0:37:15 -0500, Bob Crawford wrote
(in message ):

This was my first attempt at turning a square. While it came out fine,
turning all that air, especially from the backside, was a study in horror!
lol I did manage to leave a little of my DNA on this one. pic is posted at
alt.binaries.pictures.woodturning

I think it is a very attractive bowl. I have not done much in the way of
turning on phantom surfaces, but I can apeprciate the idea of a study in
horror. As for the sanding, was it done on the lathe (more horror) or
handwork off-lathe?

A tip of the kromer to all of you who do turning on phantom surfaces and
natural edges.

tom k.

--
I will find a way or make one.