Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Lanciani Dan Lanciani is offline

Default Soaker hoses?

In article , (Freckles) writes:

| "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
| Any recommendations for a soaker hose? Last year we bought a
| sprinkler/soaker hose -- don't recall the brand -- at Lowe's. but toward
| the end of the season it was spurting water from a split in the side near
| the feed end. This year I cut off the part with the split and attached a
| new connector. No there is a new split from which water gushes.
|
| Are soaker hoses fundamentally unsatisfactory, or are there some durable
| ones around?
|
| Perce
|
| I have not found any that lasted an entire summer, and I have tried many.

The one I bought at Lowes last summer has a seven year warranty. The one
it replaced had been in service for more than a decade before it finally
became so brittle that it cracked. I take a lazy approach to soaker hoses
and this may or may not help me: once I place them I never move them and
I do not take them in in the winter. Note that these are the cheap hoses
with lots of little holes.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com