Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Soaker hoses?

In article ,
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

Any recommendations for a soaker hose? Last year we bought a
sprinkler/soaker hose -- don't recall the brand -- at Lowe's. but toward
the end of the season it was spurting water from a split in the side
near the feed end. This year I cut off the part with the split and
attached a new connector. No there is a new split from which water gushes.

Are soaker hoses fundamentally unsatisfactory, or are there some durable
ones around?

Perce

A good one will last a decade or more. See your local drip irrigation
specialty store. Do not get the kind with little holes, get the porous
kind that oozes water through the fabric. They're black, with a rough
texture. Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-S.../dp/B0002S8LC4