Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Are pine trees and pine wood as good as other firewood?

On Tue, 19 May 2009 18:52:08 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

**FWIW, the branches are 3/4 inch to 3 inches thick.

I used to use a little pine to start a fire, some fat lightered
splinters with a small piece of pine to get things started easy. I
still do this on campfires that I dont plan to cook on.

Fat lightered splinters were near the stove, in a bucket. One match to
light the splinter and FIRE!

Fat lightered stumps burn for days in the ground...

I still love it when I cut a 2X4 and the resin smell is strong.
Reminds of years ago.