Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Are pine trees and pine wood as good as other firewood?

On May 19, 3:24*pm, mm wrote:
Are pine trees and pine wood as good as other firewood?

I"m trimming a pine tree that has branches** that have been dead for
about 2 years, and I would put the branches in my firewood stack
except I have the impression that the pine resin and whatever leaves
drops of "honey" underneath the branches would cause more creosote in
my chimney than other firewood. *My chimney is metal.

Am I right at all? *Has the resin disappeared somehow in 2 years?

What about used pine 2x4s? *They are a lot older than 2 years, but are
they as good as other firewood?

Thanks.

**FWIW, the branches are 3/4 inch to 3 inches thick.

I used to use a little pine to start a fire, some fat lightered
splinters with a small piece of pine to get things started easy. I
still do this on campfires that I dont plan to cook on.

Jimmie