Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Anyone else done the Screwfix sorting exercise?

On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:34:33 +0100, "AlanD"
had this to say:

I had an email invitation from Screwfix to do a product into category sorting
exercise online, with the lure of being entered into a draw for some free
vouchers. So, with nothing better to do for 20 mins I did it.

Stuff like deciding if Hammerrite should be in the Automotive, Decorating or
Ironmongery section, and if a kitchen tap should be with Plumbing or
Kitchens & Bathrooms.

Could an item be in more than one section? A lot of catalogues do
this.

I'd never class Hammerite as 'decorating' material, or even
Automotive.

I would assume that a kitchen tap should come under K&B, whereas the
pipes that feed it would be plumbing things. Possibly it could come
under Automotive, since you _could_ connect a hosepipe to it to wash
the car.

Now, replacement washers/ceramic bits for said tap should come under
Plumbing...

Yours confusingly -
--
Frank Erskine