Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,sci.engr.civil
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Building steps

On May 19, 2:06*pm, Pat wrote:

I don't know the science of it (or very much else for that matter),
but I know that if you use a stainless steel bolt, you are NOT
supposed to use a stainless steel nut or else the threaded area where
they touch will corrode all to heck and you won't be able to get them
apart. * There is something, but I don't know what, about stainless to
stainless and a lack of O2.

You can use stainless bolts and nuts, but there are good practices
when doing so, just as everything else in life.
http://www.estainlesssteel.com/gallingofstainless.html

PeterD was saying the stainless rusts when there's no oxygen, and
that's what I was addressing, that you addressed, that I just
addressed. Okay, I'm going to go up on a ladder now, I'm getting
dizzy down here.