Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,sci.engr.civil
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Building steps

On May 19, 9:19*am, PeterD wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2009 04:40:05 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

I would like a link to that! I was told non magnetic stainless doesnt
rust.

I'll see what I can dig up. This is 'common knowledge' among boat
builders, but not others. Problem being that the stainless looks
really good on the exposed surfaces, then when you try to remove it,
you find a 'ton' of rust on the burried parts. You could also try
searching various marine sites too, I'm sure you will find it.

FWIW, I didn't believe it when I was told first about the problem,
then managed to see it as I did work on boats.

Oxygen is inseparable from oxidation (rusting). I think it's more
likely that moisture was getting into those hidden areas and staying
there longer.