Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Grizzly Tools

On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:05:20 -0700, "Brian" wrote:

Some of the castings come from the same factories that the tools from Harbor
Freight come from. Beyond that there is a big difference because Grizzly
puts in much better bearings and finishes, additionally they have had a good
quality control for many years, something HF still doesn't have. I am lucky
in that I can go to Bellingham, WA to the showroom where customer service is
excellent.

Brian.. I should have made myself clearer on that, I meant more of the
non-machine stuff like diamond hones, chip brushes, etc...
Of course, I've seen the HF 3 hone set at other "big name" sites, always for a
lot more than HF costs..

I'd love to visit Griz.. We have a son stationed at Fort Lewis, but that's 1.200
miles away..
Love to visit the "scratch & dent" sales rooms..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing