Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Grizzly Tools

Who could say no to Grizzly Tools? It is quickly making a name for
itself by being the America’s favorite and one of the largest
machinery companies in the US. These tools have been approved by
thousands of people and can be found in a wide variety of shops, from
those of hobbyists all the way to large industrial producers.

With Grizzly Tools, there is no middleman or distributor. Selling
their own product, instead of someone else’s, drastically reduced the
average price of their items. Nobody beats its high quality,
durability and low cost.

You can either purchase Grizzly Tools at their showroom/outlet stores,
from their free mail order catalog or from their comprehensive online
store. Their showroom/outlet stores are usually hundreds of thousands
of square feet filled with practically all of their products and you
can find them in Pennsylvania, Washington and Missouri.

They offer you and extensive variety of tools including bandsaws
(metal and wood), drill presses, sanders, planers, grinders, milling
machines and much, much more. Ordering Grizzly Tools is quick and easy
due to the fact that 99% of their items ship the same day.

Why settle for other tools when you can have high quality tools at a
very reasonable price? Definitely look into Grizzly Tools! I
personally guarantee it.

Source: http://grizzlytools.zoxic.com
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

No I don't buy from spammers.

No, I don't much like chinese crap tools anyway. But I definitely don't
buy chinese crap tools from spammers, even if I've lowered my standards
far enough to consider chinese crap tools.

Remind me to toss your catalog in the recycle the next time I see it. I
might have bought some stuff from it, but I certainly won't after this.

In short, me, and anyone else that actually likes this newsgroup.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On May 8, 7:41*pm, Ecnerwal
wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

No I don't buy from spammers.

No, I don't much like chinese crap tools anyway. But I definitely don't
buy chinese crap tools from spammers, even if I've lowered my standards
far enough to consider chinese crap tools.

Remind me to toss your catalog in the recycle the next time I see it. I
might have bought some stuff from it, but I certainly won't after this.

In short, me, and anyone else that actually likes this newsgroup.

Em... Trust me. Grizzly wouldn't have endorsed or approved on this
post. The -OWNER- is active on several forums and has reacted,
strongly, to his employees "mis-behaving" on-line.

As to their tools, I own a (nearly) 20 year-old TS and a 2 year-old
BS. Both are excellent.

I have looked at every lathe they make, and wouldn't buy one.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ralph writes:
I have looked at every lathe they make, and wouldn't buy one.

I've been using a Grizzly lathe for many years now, still works great,
so perhaps it's a matter of taste?

As for the rest of my Grizzly "army", yeah, they're definitely not
crap. You may have to tweak the extremeties (knobs, dials, paint) but
the castings and mechanics have so far been of really good quality.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

DJ Delorie wrote:
Ralph writes:
I have looked at every lathe they make, and wouldn't buy one.

I've been using a Grizzly lathe for many years now, still works great,
so perhaps it's a matter of taste?

As for the rest of my Grizzly "army", yeah, they're definitely not
crap. You may have to tweak the extremeties (knobs, dials, paint) but
the castings and mechanics have so far been of really good quality.

To me Grizzly's quality arc seems to be like Jet's. In the early days
of Jet tools they were the worst junk you could legally sell as tools,
but now they have become a manufacturer of many fine tools and machines.
Grizzly seems to be going the same way. Maybe not as quickly, but
times are different. Some Grizzly tooling is fine, other not so fine,
but I have seen a constant improvement.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ecnerwal wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

No I don't buy from spammers.

Actually, the charter of this group specifically permits on-topic
commercial posts, not to exceed one every other week. Grizzly makes
turning equipment, so would fall w/in that category.

It's those stupid shoe ads that get me!

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

While I have never owned any Grizzly tools, and probably never will,
their industrial grade tools seem to be of a higher quality than the
hobby grade tools, which can vary from okay to crap. Sometimes it
seems like one production run will be bad, or a number of tools from
one run will be bad. They don't have a stable enough reputation for me
to want any of them.
robo hippy

On May 9, 10:04*am, Kevin Miller wrote:
Ecnerwal wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

No I don't buy from spammers.

Actually, the charter of this group specifically permits on-topic
commercial posts, not to exceed one every other week. *Grizzly makes
turning equipment, so would fall w/in that category.

It's those stupid shoe ads that get me!

...Kevin
--
Kevin Millerhttp://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Registered Linux User No: 307357,http://counter.li.org

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 11 May 2009 22:23:41 -0700 (PDT), robo hippy
wrote:

While I have never owned any Grizzly tools, and probably never will,
their industrial grade tools seem to be of a higher quality than the
hobby grade tools, which can vary from okay to crap. Sometimes it
seems like one production run will be bad, or a number of tools from
one run will be bad. They don't have a stable enough reputation for me
to want any of them.
robo hippy

I did one internet order from Griz years ago, which they screwed up and later
canceled.. Not happy with their customer service but that doesn't (I hope)
effect their tools..
I have noticed that a lot of their lower end stuff looks identical to Harbor
Freight stuff, sometimes painted green and marked up quite a bit..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Some of the castings come from the same factories that the tools from Harbor
Freight come from. Beyond that there is a big difference because Grizzly
puts in much better bearings and finishes, additionally they have had a good
quality control for many years, something HF still doesn't have. I am lucky
in that I can go to Bellingham, WA to the showroom where customer service is
excellent.

Brian

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:05:20 -0700, "Brian" wrote:

Some of the castings come from the same factories that the tools from Harbor
Freight come from. Beyond that there is a big difference because Grizzly
puts in much better bearings and finishes, additionally they have had a good
quality control for many years, something HF still doesn't have. I am lucky
in that I can go to Bellingham, WA to the showroom where customer service is
excellent.

Brian.. I should have made myself clearer on that, I meant more of the
non-machine stuff like diamond hones, chip brushes, etc...
Of course, I've seen the HF 3 hone set at other "big name" sites, always for a
lot more than HF costs..

I'd love to visit Griz.. We have a son stationed at Fort Lewis, but that's 1.200
miles away..
Love to visit the "scratch & dent" sales rooms..

Grizzly Tools Rob[_19_] Metalworking 12 May 11th 09 01:54 PM
Grizzly Tools Rob[_19_] Woodworking 9 May 10th 09 06:01 PM
Grizzly Tools on Amazon lance Woodworking 12 January 29th 06 04:03 PM
Grizzly Tools Rich Woodworking 16 January 23rd 05 12:43 AM
Grizzly Tools Paul Loseby Woodturning 0 November 16th 04 04:46 PM