N. Thornton

Default Filler in sealant gun tube

John wrote:

how did you get the plunger out of the sealant tube? Does it just

push out
from the business end using a suitable rod etc?

yup, just pushes out.

"robgraham" wrote in message ...

I've tried using empty cartridges for such things as cement when pointing
between slabs. Seemed the ideal thing. However, I found that you cannot push
wet cement through a nozzle. It just firms up like sand on the seashore does
when you tread on it.

yeah, its a shame, as one would be ideal for pointing brickwork. There
are mortars you can use that will work with them, but not sharp sand
based ones.

Before cartridges I used a polythene bag. Put your stuff in, snip off
the corner, off ya go. No cleaning either.

Regards, NT