Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brian Brian is offline

Default Grizzly Tools

Some of the castings come from the same factories that the tools from Harbor
Freight come from. Beyond that there is a big difference because Grizzly
puts in much better bearings and finishes, additionally they have had a good
quality control for many years, something HF still doesn't have. I am lucky
in that I can go to Bellingham, WA to the showroom where customer service is
excellent.

Brian
"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 May 2009 22:23:41 -0700 (PDT), robo hippy

wrote:

While I have never owned any Grizzly tools, and probably never will,
their industrial grade tools seem to be of a higher quality than the
hobby grade tools, which can vary from okay to crap. Sometimes it
seems like one production run will be bad, or a number of tools from
one run will be bad. They don't have a stable enough reputation for me
to want any of them.
robo hippy

I did one internet order from Griz years ago, which they screwed up and
later
canceled.. Not happy with their customer service but that doesn't (I hope)
effect their tools..
I have noticed that a lot of their lower end stuff looks identical to
Harbor
Freight stuff, sometimes painted green and marked up quite a bit..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing