Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Building steps

In article , Limp Arbor wrote:
On May 17, 6:53=A0pm, JIMMIE wrote:
My friend is building some new concrete steps to his back porch. He
has some old chevy blocks , brake drums and general automotive iron he
wants to get rid of . If these items are clean of fluids is there any
reason we couldnt use them as fill in the steps.

Jimmie

I would not use them because as they corrode they will at first get
bigger (Think about the flakes that come off your drums & rotors).
Then as they corrode further you could be left with a substantial
void.

How are they going to get bigger while they're encased in concrete?