Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Building steps

On Sun, 17 May 2009 15:53:11 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

My friend is building some new concrete steps to his back porch. He
has some old chevy blocks , brake drums and general automotive iron he
wants to get rid of . If these items are clean of fluids is there any
reason we couldnt use them as fill in the steps.

Jimmie

I don't think I would use what you have, someone would likely
be happy to take them off your hands for the scrap value.

On the other hand, I can remember my father using some old bed
springs to re-enforce the front porch of our home about 60 years ago.
It looks like that slab is still there in one piece.