Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] princetonroom@gmail.com is offline

Default Drive dump truck over lawn?

Hey everyone - just to close the loop for anyone searching in the
future, here is the rest of the story: I was actually hoping the
crushed stone would arrive before the forklift - and I would just find
a way to get it onto a tarp on a pallet or two...but the forklift came
first. He walked on the ground and assessed it to be okay...the
wettest spot was on my own lawn - and he did leave a couple ruts about
2-3" deep...but didn't tear the lawn up at all. And that was a
7,000lb forklift and a 1.5ton load. When the dump truck came - his
rig is a 26,000lb truck, with another 10,000 of material and he
wouldn't even attempt it. He said that the 1" plywood would do
absolutely nothing except get pulverized. He dumped on a tarp on the
lawn and we moved by hand - took about 80 trips with the wheelbarrow
less than heaping. My back is definitely sore today. Thanks again.