Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Drive dump truck over lawn?

On May 16, 7:37*am, wrote:
On May 15, 12:26*pm, RicodJour wrote:

Technical jargon? *The only term Pat used that you didn't is unladen.

I for one don't understand what Pat was saying either. * * Aside from
dragging tire pressure into the picture, I don't see how tire pressure
actually got factored into contact area of the tires on the ground to
give any more realistic an estimate of the effects. * * Pat just made
another guess as to the exact area. * Like Steve, I can tell you a
truck with 5 tons of load on a wet lawn isn't a good idea.

Let's face it - no one understands what Pat is saying! Sorry,
Pat.

I was merely referring to the "technical jargon" comment. Assuming
that the truck's tires are within the normal range, there's not going
to be a big effect, and it certainly won't have nearly the effect of
the difference between a wet and dry lawn.