Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Should I demand a new roof...?

"Red" wrote in message
Since I moved in to new home in 2004, we have had roof shingle problems
every year. First year some blew off, many loose. Since then we have had
loose shingles everytime there is a storm. Yet the winds are not that high
in my opinion, say 40mph gusts.

Today, we had a storm and now I can see a dozen or so loose shingles
flapping up and down. Last year I was told it was last time they would
repair the shingles on my roof. The forman and all but said the shingles
are a bad batch as the same is happening to other homes where the roofs
were put up around the same time as mine. So should I push for a complete
new roof?

Thanks,

Red

First how about a little MORE info....What brand are the shingles? Are they
nailed or stapled? What type of sheathing is under the shingles?Is it 1/2
inch or 5/8 ? How are they coming off? Are they tearing or pulling the
fastener out as well??