Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Toro Walk-Behind Runs Really Sloooooow

On May 15, 7:53*am, ransley wrote:
On May 14, 2:20*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've got a Toro Recycler mower with a B&S engine.

http://www.toro.com/home/mowers/recycler/20064.html

At the end of last season I ran it dry and stored it for the winter.

Last weekend I changed the oil and filled it with fresh gas. After a
few starts and stalls, it eventually stayed running. It ran fine for
several minutes and then dropped to about half speed, RPM speaking.

Now it starts on a couple of pulls just like it did all last year, but
it runs really, really slow. It doesn't seem like it wants to stall,
it's just running at a very slow speed and obviously not cutting as
well.

Where should I start looking for problems?

Thanks!

I have one of those, got it at HD last year, mine has no throttle.
What is slow, the motor or drive speed. They run at 3600 rpm constant.
Once I had a mouse nest in my air filter.

The motor.