Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool Video Demonstration

On 2009-05-14, David G. Nagel wrote:

Surgeons use a radially reciprocating saw to cut skin and bone. You
can almost never cut yourself on the bone blade but don't even think
about putting your finger on the skin blade. It gives a new meaning
to slice and dice.

Hmmm... brings back memories. *Ever had a plaster-of-paris cast, the
kind they used forever? *I was shocked when it came time to remove
mine, and the horrifying saw they came at me with turned out to be
strictly vibratory rather than skilsawish in nature. *Kinda makes you
wonder what took them so long to adapt the same technology to
multi-tools.

Fein's 17-year (renewable) patent.

Depending on when it was issued, patents are 20 years (from date of
file). Patents are not renewable past that time. They must be
periodically renewed during the 20 years, however.