Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Should I demand a new roof...?

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message

might want to see how much it would cost to have the whole thing done
with seamed steel... end your roof problems forever... (there's a reason
you see so many houses in rural/hilly/windy areas with steel roofs...)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I don't use anything but steel, (altho not a standing seam) on 6 houses.
Good for 30 yrs. min.

How odes it compare price wise? When I looked into a steel roof, it was 3X
the cost of a 30 year shingle but expected to last 50 years. I doubt I'm
going to last 50 years so I did not buy it as it was not cost effective.
Maybe times have changed on prices?