Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Should I demand a new roof...?

Red wrote:
Since I moved in to new home in 2004, we have had roof shingle problems
every year. First year some blew off, many loose. Since then we have had
loose shingles everytime there is a storm. Yet the winds are not that high
in my opinion, say 40mph gusts.

Today, we had a storm and now I can see a dozen or so loose shingles
flapping up and down. Last year I was told it was last time they would
repair the shingles on my roof. The forman and all but said the shingles are
a bad batch as the same is happening to other homes where the roofs were put
up around the same time as mine. So should I push for a complete new roof?

Thanks,

Red

Hi,
Sounds like poor workmaship on shingle installer and/or El cheapo
shingles. Hope that is the only problem on your house. No warrany from
the builder or roofer? I have coated steel times on my roof. Good for
at least 50 years. Very wind proof, fire proof.