Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Single Button Light Switch?

On Thu 14 May 2009 07:14:26p, RBM told us...

"Yadda" wrote in message
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the

button
was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button it
returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for the
home, as I can't find them...TIA

You may be looking for a Lutron dimmer called Abella. Google lutron

dimmer
and you should find it

Several decades ago there were single pushbutton "decorator" on/off
switches, but I haven't seen them in years. I don't recall who made them.
The button was about 1-1/4" in diameter and the wall plate was transparent,
allowing for anything that matched the wall to be inserted; e.g.,
wallpaper, a paintable insert, etc.

--
Wayne Boatwright
There are only ten minutes in the life of a pear when it is perfect