Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Single Button Light Switch?

At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the
button was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button
it returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for
the home, as I can't find them...TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yadda wrote:
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the
button was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button
it returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for
the home, as I can't find them...TIA

Look for lighted rocker switches at any HD or Lowes.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Yadda" wrote in message
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the button
was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button it
returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for the
home, as I can't find them...TIA

You may be looking for a Lutron dimmer called Abella. Google lutron dimmer
and you should find it

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu 14 May 2009 07:14:26p, RBM told us...

"Yadda" wrote in message
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the

button
was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button it
returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for the
home, as I can't find them...TIA

You may be looking for a Lutron dimmer called Abella. Google lutron

dimmer
and you should find it

Several decades ago there were single pushbutton "decorator" on/off
switches, but I haven't seen them in years. I don't recall who made them.
The button was about 1-1/4" in diameter and the wall plate was transparent,
allowing for anything that matched the wall to be inserted; e.g.,
wallpaper, a paintable insert, etc.

--
Wayne Boatwright
There are only ten minutes in the life of a pear when it is perfect

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 14, 10:45*pm, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:
Several decades ago there were single pushbutton "decorator" on/off
switches, but I haven't seen them in years. *I don't recall who made them. *
The button was about 1-1/4" in diameter and the wall plate was transparent,
allowing for anything that matched the wall to be inserted; e.g.,
wallpaper, a paintable insert, etc. *

I've got one of those in a room in my house. I can see why they are no
longer made. It's a pretty stupid idea for the most part.

The only time it worked to my advantage is when I had too much
furniture in there and had to set shelves in front of the switch. You
bumped the shelves as you walked in the room and the light came on.
Pretty neat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 5/14/09 6:27 PM Yadda said the following:
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the
button was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button
it returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for
the home, as I can't find them...TIA

Found the Lutron Qoto light switch which I like:
http://www.lutron.com/qoto/?s=17000&t=17200