Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool Video Demonstration

On May 14, 10:02*am, -MIKE- wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
I picked up the HF multi-tool for 35 bucks and made this video
demonstrating the cutters and scraper.

Plus, I push my finger and hand against the blades to show that it
doesn't cut the skin.

I thought I recorded myself using the sanding pads,
but I ran out of memory and didn't know it. *Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ9dy8NIHgw

If you turn the 270° blade over, it will have a flush face. You can then use
it for under-cutting.

Yeah, I noticed the little round sections on the flat edge sort of act
as guides.
I'll recored that if I make another video.

The HF tool isn't variable speed, is it? The variable speed on the
Fein makes a _big_ difference. Your point to Robert about payback
time is a good one, and for anyone who earns money with the thing,
wants to keep from burning out blades prematurely, and values their
time, the same point can be made for a $250 tool.

'course, for my brother's birthday I'll get him the cheap one. I've
been telling him for a while now that he should get a multitool, but
he's just not listening.