Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default What was the first front wheel dive car on the roads?

Rod wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2009 18:53:13 +0100, Rod wrote:

Dave wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 23:11:12 +0100, Unbeliever wrote:

Rod wrote:
Unbeliever wrote:
Rod wrote:
Dave wrote:
I think it was the mini.

Dave
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+was+the+first+front+wheel+dive+car+on+the+ roads%3F

Should that link have been

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+was+the+fi...the +roads%3F

? (Changed "dive" to drive)

Ask the OP!
I did!

From the order of posts on my newsreader the "OP" for that link is
you - unless the link came from a gmail or googlemail address
(both killfiled by me to cut spam levels) and poor cutting of the
'reply' post left no clue as to its true origin.
Unbeliever, Rod is quoting the Subject of the thread where the OP
(Dave)
made the original typo.
I don't think so. Here is my post...

"I think it was the mini.

Dave"

In total

Dave
SteveW
Yes - and that is the post I replied to (thinking initially that it
was the OP punting a guess). No snipping. No changes to headers. Just
a vanilla reply.

Had I seen a real OP, I would have responded in the same slightly
sarcastic way to that. As it is, I am still unaware of the OP.
Judging by what I can see of the thread, most other posts also saw
Dave's post but not the OP.

That's the way I saw it, Dave's is the first post in this thread for
me and I assumed that he was asking the question in the subject and
putting in his own guess to the answer.

SteveW

Also the case if you look in Google groups. And when I look at the
header, there is no References tag...

Subject:
What was the first front wheel dive car on the roads?
From:
Dave
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 22:19:04 +0100
Newsgroups:
uk.d-i-y
00000000

Newsgroups:
uk.d-i-y
7bit
http://www.giganews.com

Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
1129
uni-berlin.de uk.d-i-y:886147
Clean

From that, I can see where the confusion came from :-)