Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] news@picaxe.us is offline

Default woodworking outside

On Wed, 13 May 2009 17:33:30 -0700 (PDT), karmstrn
wrote:

Is it a good idea to set up and do woodworking in the back yard as
opposed to in a garage? It's really the only option I have, since my
garage is very small, has no windows, and no electricity.

That's why my table saw is a contractor model that I can move by
myself ;-)

The driveway in the back of the house has about 20 feet of shaded
area. I make sawdust (cut, rout, sand) outside. I apply finish in
the shed that houses the yard equipment (5 foot doorway provides good
ventilation).

Cleanup is usually easy - sawdust is organic matter, so just use a
blower to move it to the mulch pile.

John