Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default What was the first front wheel dive car on the roads?

Donwill wrote:
There was the Morgan 3 wheeler, I think the similar BSA had a long chain
drive to the rear wheel,If my memory serves me correctly.
Don

There were Morgans with shaft drive as well as those with chain - both
to rear wheel. Of the couple in my direct experience (and allowing for
many years passing), the Jap V-twin engined one had chain drive and the
Ford pop engined one had shaft.

(The Tri-King 'replica' had, IIRC, shaft drive.)

--
Rod

onset.