Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Painting Pressure Treated Lumber

On May 12, 4:43*pm, evodawg wrote:
How does Pressure Treated Lumber Paint? Does it hold primer. I'm thinking
about using it as trim pieces that need to be replaced due to termite and
dry rot damage. I'm a little worried about the warp factor too.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

You need around under 15% moisture to be able to paint, pressure treat
is soaked under pressure and might take 6 months to dry or paint will
peel. Get a inexpensive moisture meter to test before you paint. I
would talk to the co that treated the wood and people at a true paint
store not HD types or call a paint manufacturers tech support. Ive
always stained PT, stains breathe more than paint. If it is not fully
cured through paints wont last and it possible with the new PT
treatment you cant paint. New PT also can eat metal,untreated nails
wont work, and Galvanising has to be an approved type coating, I
forgot which treatment is Ng. Stainless is fine. Its alot of trouble
for some trim work, why not cedar.