Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default STP in gas for gas powered golf cart?

ransley wrote:
On May 11, 9:16 pm, LouB wrote:
Golf cart has decided not to start since I put a full tank of gas in.
Local suggested putting STP in the gas.
Thoughts from those who understand this stuff?

TIA

Lou

Was old gas in it, the carb holds enough gas to usualy run the motor
for a few minutes so treating the tank wont get it started if the carb
is full of old bad gas. Dropping the float bowl will remove bad gas.
Either starting fluid should start it then you could run out bad gas,
but see if plug sparks first, maybe its even flooded or the plug is
bad and fouled. Checking a plug can tell you alot about a motors
condition. STP to me means oil treatment. Alcohol to me means Heat, I
buy and use Alcohol by the gallon, its cheaper than gas treatments
like Heat for bad or old gas. But Spark is first, maybe some saftey or
other issue is not getting you any spark.

Thanks

Lou