BigWallop

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

Hi folks,

I am trying to teach a young lad how to set up binary addressable fire alarm
systems and no matter how I explain it, or how much I write it down or draw
it for him, he just can't seem to grasp the concept. Now I know it is the
way I'm trying teach him and not the way he learns (?) so I'm looking for
any suggestions on ways to get this principle over to him.

He's bright when it comes to learning everything else, so it must be the way
I'm doing it that has him confused. What it the simplest way to describe
this numbering system. I've even given him homework to do, using the binary
system to count to one hundred, but he still gets it wrong time and time
again.

He needs to know how the DIP switches are configured in each detector to
give them a unique number on the control panel. But I'm now tearing my hair
out trying to get it through to him. HELP !!!

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com