Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default An automobile question

Winston wrote:
Lew Hartswick wrote:

(...)

It must be the : Corolla 4Dr Sedan 1988 - 1989 4AF AE92
Since it is a sedan and only 2 WD with an automatic.

OK where is the dip stick? I still can't find it.
...lew...

I think it's missing, Lew.

From:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...toyota-corolla

"The dipstick for the engine oil is back by the power steering
reservoir and the adjuster bracket for the power steering pump.
If you are facing the engine it is in the left rear corner area
of the engine. Look straight back from the oil filler cap and
just beyond the edge of the aluminum valve cover is the stick.
This is for the 4AF engine."

I bet you could find the place it plugged into with a mirror
and flashlight.

--Winston

OK I finally got where I could see the yellow handle. Of course
it's almost impossible to get your hand down through all those
pipes etc. When you do, and get ahold of the ring it is again
impossible to get your hand back out holding it.
Finally got it checked and showed the grandaughter where it
is and how to check the oil.
PHEW!!!!!
Thanks everyone for the help.
...lew...