Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Son's home.

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2009 16:05:08 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

I picked up my youngest son at the Detroit airport on Friday in the
wee hours. I got a room at the airport Westin, and he joined me when
his flight got in. He's on leave from Yuma MCAS for three weeks.
Friday, we drove home, got his pistol purchase license, and drove over
to Jay's in Clare. He picked up a Kimber. I thought I was going to
have to load in order to make it go bang, but yesterday, he found a
box of 250 230 gr. FMJ's that just came in at a sporting goods store
in town. Yesterday evening, we ran a hundred rounds through it,
another hundred through his M4, and fifty developmental loads through
my old .45 LC Blackhawk. Lots of fun. He had one failure to feed.
Pretty good trigger on that Kimber. I think I like about 9.5 gr. of
AA#5 behind the 255 gr. cowboy slugs in the Blackhawk. 11 gr. is kind
of sharp, although certainly within limits.

I refrained from buying a 1911 because we've decided to put the house
on the market and get us back to Texas when it sells. I've got enough
stuff to move already, and I won't need any extra state paperwork in
Texas. I'm taking the machine tools with me. Number 2 son has a
commercial license, so I'll rent a liftgate truck when the time comes,
and load the shop stuff on there. I'm kind of hoping I don't have to
do another Michigan winter.

Pete Keillor

Word on the street is that Texas is still largely free of the Great
Depression Part Deux, and may stay that way.

Yep, life is pretty good here.
Hurry back, though they could probably use a conservative voter more up
there.