Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Weird hardware request

I've got a project that is calling for internally and externally threaded
stainless tubing. I'm having a hard time finding what I need, so I
thought I'd ask here before I draw up a plan and get a quote from a local
machine shop.

What I need is something like this:

| \\ | | // |
| // | | \\ |
| \\ | | // |
| // | | \\ |

With the inner hole on the externally threaded tubing being .055-.070 and
the thread size being 8-32 (one size up or down would be fine, but 10-32
is pushing it) and the OD of the internally threaded tubing being about
1/4". I need them about 1/2" long, though longer is fine, as I can cut
them down to size.

I'm looking for about 300-500 of each.

Thanks for any help!

Also, I'm looking for either split brass tubing, or bead rolled brass
strip. It need to go on/around 22ga stainless. Say between 1/8"-1/4" OD.

The final effect is something like this:
http://www.sunshadowdesign.com/galle...et/duncan2.jpg

(Not my work, just found something of similar style)

Thansk again!
Todd