Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default STP in gas for gas powered golf cart?

In article , LouB wrote:
Golf cart has decided not to start since I put a full tank of gas in.
Local suggested putting STP in the gas.
Thoughts from those who understand this stuff?

I'd try a can of Heet first -- sounds like you may have gotten some water with
the gas.

Also, I'd like to clarify that if you put any STP product in your gas, it
should be STP *Gas* Treatment -- the product colloquially known as simply
"STP" is STP *Oil* Treatment, which of course has no business in your fuel
tank. If the person who suggested that actually meant that you should be using
STP Oil Treatment in your fuel, ignore everything he ever tells you about
anything mechanical.