Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rick Samuel[_2_] Rick Samuel[_2_] is offline

Default Son's home.

Sorry to see you flee Michigan but Texas is a nice place to be. I hear
Austin is sorta
like Ann Arbor so avoid it

Wes

Thanks, everybody. Matt's MOS is engineering equipment operator, and
he's in a repair company, not aviation. Also does hazmat, toolroom.
If he goes to the sandbox, there is probably a way to take the kimber,
just not officially. So far, he's volunteered a couple times, but
been turned down (they said he's mission critical, which sounds like
bs to me for a lcpl in a repair company). He's going to have to pull
some strings to get out of there.

Jay's was not only out of ammo, but out of bullets. It's bad, all
right. I've had better luck online, and that's spotty as hell.

On the subject of Texas, I'm not seeking work, being retired. My wife
is still working, but long term, all our family is in Texas, so that's
where we want to be. I can't get my wife to live on the coast because
of the hurricanes (we've both been through plenty of those), so we'll
probably relocate somewhere in the Brazos valley or near the hill
country. I don't really like the crowding or politics in Austin, so
it wouldn't be in the city. The sprawl is pretty bad, too.

Our main consideration is the #1 son, who has cerebral palsy and
moderate mental retardation. We'll locate somewhere he can have
access to transportation, potential employment, and independent
living, as much as possible. Right now he lives in his own condo,
with support staff a couple hours a day. The downside of Texas is
that level of support has a waiting list about a decade long. So we
figure we'd better get him back and on the list before we get too old.
He misses the family as well, so we're all looking forward to getting
back.

You left Texas to go to Michigan??? In '67 I left Michigan to head to
Texas, never looked back.
Services are kinda slow in TX. for things like CP. My sister has MS, but
has good insurance, that's what's keeping her going.
Welcome back. Look around Marble Falls...one hour from Austin on pretty
good roads. Health care is improving at a pretty good clip, at least that's
how I see it.