Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default A 1-year update

On Mon, 11 May 2009 01:02:33 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Shrug..I ALWAYs enjoyed smoking. Shrug. Each time I quit..once for 6
months..I still wanted a cig whenever I encountered one burning. Ive
been smoking since I was 14...45 yrs.

So all I can do is avoid smokers until the desire goes away.

The kids are moving out first of next month..the ex plans on quitting
when they leave..so with luck..all temptation goes away.

Oddly enough..its the only addiction Ive ever had. I dont care to drink,
do any sort of drugs etc etc, but its one thats well drilled into me.

So I smoke 6-10 a day..mostly 6-8..and keep on getting stronger each day
as I recover from the surgery and the stroke. Not what Id planned in
the slightest..but its the horse Im hooked to.

Ive had the best luck with hypnosis, thats what go me free of them for 6
months. I needed a follow up, but foolishly didnt go for one. If I have
to..Ill spend the money and get hypnotized again. And get the follow
up...get as many as needed.

Gunner

Whatever works. I enjoyed smoking for 49 years. I quit a couple of
times but only for a few months each time. This time I used no aids
at all other than post-op misery that masked the minor matter of
wanting a smoke. No drugs, patches, gum, etc. I think the big
difference is that I wasn't really totally committed the other times.
This time I was. The doc made it real clear for me: quit RFN and
stay quit or die soon. I asked how soon. He said months, not years.
Oh! This was just before surgery. I told Mar to get rid of all
smoking materials before I got home, including the carton I'd just
bought that was still in the trunk of my car. And so she did, and
that was that.

I didn't say I quit wanting ... but that goes away in less than a
minute now and it's only a couple of times per day so no big deal.
Skeeter bites.