Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mawdeeb Mawdeeb is offline

Default Sweat soldering ball valve

Pilgrim wrote:
What do I need to know and what precautions do i need to take to sweat
solder a 1/4 turn ball valve in 3/4" Cu pipe? The ball turns in a
plastic seat that looks like teflon.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck P.

Check with your local plumbing supplier for a brand called ez-sweat by
Watts . These are multi-piece units. The ends screw-off and inside are
copper pieces that look like top-hat bushings. Sweat those on, and
re-assemble and the heat never touches the ball assembly.

I found mine at the box stores initially then ordered them from a real
plumbing supply house when supply got spotty.

Good Luck

Jim Vrzal
Holiday, Fl.