Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default Sweat soldering ball valve

Heat the pipe only, and prep the joint for best possible wicking. As
soon as the solder flows, remove the heat and pour cold water on the valve.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Pilgrim wrote:
What do I need to know and what precautions do i need to take to sweat
solder a 1/4 turn ball valve in 3/4" Cu pipe? The ball turns in a
plastic seat that looks like teflon.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck P.

Dependence is Vulnerability: