Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Building a wood fired pizza oven thing ...

jim wrote:

On 10 May, 22:50, (Steve Firth) wrote:
jim wrote:
On 10 May, 15:21, (Steve Firth) wrote:
jim wrote:

[snip]

They work for free do they?

erm... do you?

No. But that's not relevant.

whatever - I was just pointing out the stupidity of your question

sigh And I was pointing out the stupidity of your answer. One can make
use of any number of convenient business arrangements for shipping and
forwarding, but either they cost too much per unit in freight charges
or, if one gets the unit shippign costs down then one has to pay someone
for storage, breaking down the delivery and onward shipping. One also
has to put up with making use of warehouse staff who don't have an
interest in the goods beind shipped and who will damage those by heavy
handling or simply not know whwn they receive a picking list waht to
pick because they are unfamiliar with the product.

Been there done that, had to pay for disgruntled customers, lost stock,
spoiled goods etc.

[snip]

Well unlike you I know what I have to buy, how much I can afford, how
much capital I have, how the goods have to be stored, the sort of market
etc. So I know considerably better than you in this instance, yes.

yawn yes yes of course you do it's your business isn't it??!!

Indeed, which explains why what you are talking about has been
considered, tried and doesn't work for me.

about which you haven't said anything xcept "low value", and low
quantities & presumably low sales potential, otherwise Rodney we'd be
millionaires instead of moaning about freight rates for shifting 1 pallet
from Italy....

gasp You don't say. Coming next, night follows day. Water discovered
to be wet.

Phrases about grandmothers and eggs came to mind.

and similarly I expect if there's anything in it it'll suddenly become
*your* latest great idea

You may want to see someone about your issues. You're losing your rag
because I'm not falling at your feet and declaring you to be a genius
for suggesting something that has been tried and found wanting. If I was
shipping in cheap crap from China and selling it on in bulk with a 500%
mark-up your suggestion *might* work. For me it's useless.